Isaac, Lizard hunter


Isaac was on bug catching kick a few months ago. He then decided that bugs were not cool anymore, and wanted a lizard. We have a ton of these little guys running around but they are really fast and really hard to catch. But with some patience and a strategy I captured him one. He carried it around for hours, he was so excited to have a lizard, but after a few hours of captivity he wasn't looking so good so we released it, but sad to say I don't think he made it. Isaac now says he wants me to catch him a frog.

5 comments:

  Erica Huff

July 18, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Wow! You are quite the mother. I'm pretty sure I would leave the bug catching to my husband.

  Marly

July 19, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Aren't you excited you get to be the pet catcher?! I'm sure you'll get very good at it.

  Boyer Family

July 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM

He should come play with the girls. They are queens at bug/lizard/frog catching. If it is outside and moves, they will catch it and torment it and make it a pet until it dies. Your great to catch it for them, much nicer than me. Maybe that's why they learned to catch them.

  Jennie Larsen

July 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Impressive! We not to that stage yet, but I think it's just around the corner...you'll have to fill me in on the strategies of lizard-catching! :)

  Emily

July 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Who would have thought you'd be running around the yard catching lizards? It was soooo great to see you! We need to do it every year!=)