life around here

Well of course since school started I have to put a picture of each one on their first day of school. Mitchell is in pre school again and I'm sure he will go to the same program next year.
Isaac is in Kindergarten this year. He has a general ed teacher and a deaf ed teacher. Both must be saints to have him all day. But he is doing well and seems happy with school.
Gracie is in third grade this year. It's so weird because I feel like I just sent her off to Kinder.

This is Isaac sitting in the Fireplace. I couldn't find him anywhere. The lights were all out and then I see a faint light coming from the fireplace and it's Isaac saying " let's see whats going on here"
This pile of blanket is Mitchell sleeping. I just had to take a picture to remember how he slept. He doesn't use a sheet, just the plastic mattress and he gets in his cocoon and he is ready to sleep. ( and we painted the boys room blue as it shows in the picture)
Back in July Brad took Gracie to the Museum of Natural History because Gracie kept begging to go. This is her outside the Museum. The picture is a little far away but she just looks so happy and so grown up!

Brad is getting ready to start a new rotation at work. And thankfully his last. He will be on a WELLS team for sub sea, Gulf of Mexico. He is going to be offshore a lot in the next year and we are not happy about that. But then he will be done with the challenge program and he can get a position he likes at work with a little less travel we hope.

I am trying to get used to having the mornings to myself with the kids at school. I am enjoying the quiet, and time to exercise without kids. I have been doing more of what needs to be done and less of what I would like to do, but I'll get used to it and find a balance.

6 comments:

  Jennie Larsen

September 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM

What fun--3 kids in school! I can only imagine! :) Good luck finding the balance you're looking for; I'm doing the same! We LOVE the clothes you gave us; they even fit Cayden still, and he tells everyone his friends Isaac and Mitchell gave him his clothes. Thanks a million!

  Erica Huff

September 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

They all look so big in those pictures. Especially Gracie! I love the blue room. Does he like it? What a funny way that Mitchell sleeps. So cute! Enjoy the mornings to yourself - you deserve it!!

  Amy Miller

September 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Wow - your kids look so big! I'm sorry Brad's gone so much. I hope you're taking plenty of 'you' time while the kids are at school so you don't go crazy.

  Debora

September 11, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Does Mitchell ever look at this blog? Tell him I said "Hi"!

  Marly

September 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM

wow, hopefully he can get a better job without so much travel. That's just not any fun.
I can't believe you have all kids in school. I'm sure thats just crazy. I'm sure you'll be able to find that balance soon enough and then you won't know what to do with yourself when they are home :) I'll get to find that out in 5 or 6 years.

  Melissa/McRae

September 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I can't believe that we have thrid graders!!! That makes me feel a lot older :)