Hospital Visit

I had to go to the emergency room last Tuesday because I woke up with a sharp pain on my left side. Having had one ectopic pregnancy ( on the left) I knew what it was and knew I needed to go to the hospital ASAP. After some tests the results showed that it was positive for a tubal pregnancy and I had to have it surgically removed. I had surgery that early afternoon and after a 2 day stay in the hospital I am home. I have been reading and watching movies to pass some of the time. I am feeling much better and I feel a little better everyday. I hope to have a full recovery in the 6 weeks they told me it would take from the procedure that I had. I am so very thankful for the help with my kids, and the flowers, visits, meals, and phone calls. Our family hopes to resume back to normal very quickly.

6 comments:

  Marly

February 3, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I'm so sorry! I hope you can get well soon!

  elizabeth

February 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

glad to hear you are feeling better!! we miss you! i'm still on the depo lupron so... no kids here yet :/

  Jeanette

February 3, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better every day. We are thinking about you and hoping you have a speedy recovery. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Oh, and don't worry about the YW-we've got it under control. You just take care of yourself.

  RaEStoCo

February 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Scary! Ectopic pregnancies are serious business. I'm glad you got it taken care of quickly and that you're ok!

  Melissa/McRae

February 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I just read your post, I am so sorry you had to go through that. That sucks! I've had 2 miscarriages in 3 months. Luckily I still have my tubes, but we have a hard time getting pregnant anyway just to loose them was like an extreme slap in the face. I hope you are doing better. Call me if you need to or want to vent or just chat. It's been forever since I've talked to you! Sorry again to hear the not so happy news, our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!

  Jennie Larsen

February 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Elizabeth! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're feeling a little better (and hope the 6 weeks pass quickly for you!)