Tonsils x's3

The kids kept swapping strep throat back and forth to eachother and to me as well. After a year of going to the Dr. only for strep throat and getting new toothbrushes and more antibiotics that I would like to think about as well as keeping them home from school. I decided enough was enough. I took them to the ENT in August and he reccommended they all get their tonsils out. I decided to do all 3 kiddos at the same time. One crazy recovery and then we would be done and move on with our lives. It was intense, there was a lot of popsicles and not a lot of sleep, but we all survived and I am glad we did it. Hopefully no more strep throat, for the kids or for me. (September 2, 2011- Mitchell in the recovery room watching his movie waiting to be discharged)
Isaac with his popsicle and watching his movie in the recovery room. Gracie didn't wake up all that happy after her surgery and she forbid me to take her picture.
I had to keep the kids down for a few weeks, no playing, running, jumping. Not the easiest thing in the whole world especially with the boys. We watched a lot of Movies, and played games, and they had their Ipods to keep them busy, but they still got bored. Mitchell got some scissors and went in the back to "cut" the grass. Not that there is much of it without any rain this Summer. It kept him busy for a while and it was really cute.

1 comments:

  Sally

December 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM

You are so brave! All three at once! I had my tonsils out when I was 6. I remember it was awful! Gene had his out after we were married and it was way worse! Good to get it done when they're young! You're an awesome mom Elizabeth!