5K

Our church put together a Community Health Fair on May 1st; and part of this fair was a 5K. I wasn't going to register and run, because my leg still gives me grief upon occasion, and my work out partner is nearing the end of her pregnancy and she couldn't run it with me. The day before the race I had a friend text me and ask if I was interested in trying to run it with her, because she knew she couldn't do it by herself. So we got this crazy idea that we would try. We showed up and did the late registration, and on a very hot and humid day decided to run our first 5K . I haven't been running at all but I have been doing all of my crossfit training and I know that is the only way that I was able to run this thing. Not the best time in the world, (36:51) but I guess there is next year to improve. I'm proud that I finished and that my leg held out and didn't even hurt afterwards.

3 comments:

  Amy

May 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

That is so awesome, you should be proud of yourself!! Congratulations!

  Angie

May 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM

You rocked it! Way to go! It was nice to see a fellow 5k first timer that was a bit nervous like myself. But hey, we did it and survived. Want to run another one?

  Mrs. Ordinary

May 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Woo hoo!